Vajiravudh College has established the Global Collaboration and International Programs with over 20 schools from countries, including United States, England, New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, India, and Singapore.
The variety international programs was developed, including an international school cooperation and academic exchange, foreign teacher employment, school joint cooperation, teaching staff going abroad and other international cooperation matters.
Collaboration with other international schools benefits by increasing the opportunities available to students and teachers, as well as building strong foundations for dealing with academic collaboration and cultural exchange program.
Benefits of International Programs
International Programs offer broad based benefits and outcomes for students and teachers keen to embark on this international adventure. They visit schools in foreign countries to study abroad and develop their academic skills, grow personally, and gain cultural understanding. Whether they choose to visit and study abroad for one year, one semester or one week, those who participate in study abroad programs consistently report strong advantages and benefits.
- International learning and knowledge propels students and teachers towards acceptance and understanding of an array of different cultural and community perspectives.
- Language acquisition is achieved through practical immersion.
- Awareness and adoption of alternative, multi-faceted approaches to learning.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Enhanced interest in global issues as well as a broader general knowledge.
Increased Cultural Awareness
- Self-development and awareness leading to enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem. This is often the most noticeable change in returned students.
- Maturity and social poise, fuelled by the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support network and comfort zone.
- Integration into another family as well as the development of life-long friendships, fostering an appreciation of home and family.
- A tremendous sense of accomplishment upon completion encourages students to develop independent opinions, make informed decisions and strive to attain fresh goals.
- Students and teachers who go on to tertiary studies find themselves more comfortable in ‘foreign’ environments.
- Students and teachers gain an experience while living overseas and knowledge obtained of another language and culture.
- Increased pressure to communicate and relate to others develops an awareness of group dynamics and personal sensitivity towards others.
- Successful program completion represents an excellent measure of personal flexibility, encompassing an ability to reach compromise, focus and succeed through challenging times.
Vajiravudh College 197 Rajvithi Rd. Dusit Bangkok 10300. Tel. (662) 6694526-9 Fax. (662) 2436995